Lucy Bee's 10 Day Clean Eating Guide - Day 10
Welcome to Day 10 of Lucy's Clean Eating Guide
The last day! There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment and hopefully you've found yourself getting back on the right track after the holiday period. You may even want to continue on with our plan, which in that case we have our 10 Day Guide to Feeling Good from last year you could try out.
Remember to oil pull first for around 5 minutes!
[pull_quote_center]Starting your day with warm lemon water helps to balance the body's pH level and eliminate pathogenic bacteria that have accumulated[/pull_quote_center]
Breakfast - Parsnip, Carrot and Thyme Rosti
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 1 egg for the mixture plus 4 eggs to serve (poached)
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground black pepper
- Add the carrot and parsnip to a saucepan with hot water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- In a separate pan, sauté the onion with 1 teaspoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil until golden.
- Drain the carrot and parsnip then mash together using a potato masher.
- Add the onion, thyme and crack the egg into the mix, stir together then divide into four and make rosti/pattie shapes. Melt the remaining Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a frying pan and spoon in your patties. I find using a big spoon helps to form neat round ‘burger’ shapes. Fry each rosti for 2/3 minutes each side on a medium heat but be careful not to burn.
- Enjoy with a poached egg on a bed of spinach for a nutritious lunch!
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free, lactose free
[quote_center]"Tip of the day: look to social media for inspiration! We all will have moments where we feel less motivated, but sharing your progress with others and looking through social media pages can often give you some added inspiration. We love seeing your photos too using Lucy Bee products!"[/quote_center]
Lunch - Leftover Chilli Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 100g brown rice
- 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced and cut into half
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- A handful of spinach
- 8/10 pitted green olives
- A handful of fresh basil
- 6 peppers, deseeded
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Start by cooking your rice as per the packet instructions (around 25 minutes).
- Add the garlic, chilli and Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a frying pan and gently fry for 1 minute.
- Add the courgette and onion and continue to cook until golden.
- Add the chicken breast and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the ingredients to a saucepan, add your tinned tomatoes, spinach, olives, basil and cooked rice and simmer for 25/30 minutes at a medium heat.
- When ready, slice the top from each pepper and retain. Stuff your 6 peppers with the mixture. Use the top of the pepper as a lid and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, lactose free
Snack - Carrots and Hummus
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 300g raw beetroot, chopped into small pieces
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tin organic chickpeas, drained
- 60g tahini
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground black pepper
- Pre heat oven 170C, 325F, gas mark3.
- Place the beetroot and garlic with the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, put the beetroot, garlic and all other ingredients into a food processor and blitz into a fine paste - you may need to add a little more lemon or oil to get your desired consistency.
- Serve with chopped carrots, celery and cucumber or pitta bread.
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, lactose free, vegetarian, vegan
Dinner - Chilli Turkey Mince
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 15-20g ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 20g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ yellow, red and green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Turmeric Powder
- 500g turkey mince
- Chopped coriander to stir in
- In a small food processor blitz together ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a heavy based frying pan and sauté the onion and peppers, until soft.
- Add the blitzed ingredients to the frying pan and cook for a minute before stirring in the Lucy Bee Turmeric Powder.
- Add the turkey mince to the pan and cook, you will need to keep stirring and breaking the lumps up, cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped coriander.
- The mixture will last in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Spoon a small amount of mixture into a little gem lettuce leaf and serve as an appetizer or with a salad.
- Spiralise courgette and carrots, lightly stir fry for 2 minutes and serve with the chilli turkey mince.
- Mix in with a chopped salad and eat cold.
Post-dinner - To fix that Chocolate Craving, try our Perfect Hot Chocolate Recipe!
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Cacao Powder
- 250ml milk
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder to sweeten, optional
- Place all ingredients into a heavy based saucepan and warm gently on a medium heat, until the almond milk is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Whiz together in a blender.
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free, vegetarian
Lactose intolerant? Don’t worry- we’ve got a dairy free version too!
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Cacao Powder
- 250ml almond milk
- 1-2 tsp. coconut milk (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and whiz up.
- Add to a heavy based saucepan and warm gently on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, lactose free, vegan, vegetarian
Fitness tip of the day: Full Plank
About Lucy Bee Limited
Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and eating close to nature with additive free products for health.
Members of the Lucy Bee team are not medically trained and can only offer their best advice. Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Please note you should always refer your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.