Day Six - Seven Day Guide To Feel Your Best In The New Year
This guide is here to help anyone who has something coming up, from a holiday to a wedding, or if you’re simply heading out over the weekend with friends and want to feel amazing for it.
See All 7 Days Here
Breakfast - Spanish Omelette
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 courgette, sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground black pepper, to season
- Using a heavy bottomed frying pan, sauté the garlic, sweet potato, courgette, tomatoes, pepper and spring onion in Lucy Bee Coconut Oil until soft. This will take approx 6-8 minutes.
- Pour over the egg mixture, chilli flakes, dill and seasoning and cook slowly until firm underneath.
- Next, either place the pan under a pre heated grill to cook the top of your omelette or alternatively, try to flip the omelette in the pan and cook until firm.
Allergy Information - Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 40g gluten free oats
- 20g almond flour, (if you make your own almond milk you can use the leftover flour in the recipe here)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground black pepper to season
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg beaten, optional
FOR THE DIP:
- 2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs of your choice. I used parsley but chives or coriander
- work well too
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A pinch Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground black pepper
Allergy Information - Gluten Free, Wheat Free
Drink of the day: Make your own Nut Milks
Dinner - Florentine Galette Pizza with Spinach
- PASTRY BASE
- 180g gluten free plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, solid
- 75ml ice-cold water
- ½ tsp. Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- 1 egg, beaten – for the egg wash for the crust
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- A handful fresh basil leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 mozzarella pearls, or more if you prefer
- A handful spinach
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and pulse until you have a crumbly mix.
- Now add the cold water and Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and mix until just combined (do not over mix or it will turn into a paste). Compact the dough into a ball and wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While your dough is chilling, make the tomato sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, add the garlic and sauté until golden, then add the chopped tomatoes and the basil. Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered, until the sauce almost resembles a paste, taking care as the sauce may stick to the pan.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper the same size as your oven tray on to the kitchen work surface and dust it with flour. Remove the dough from the fridge and place it in the middle of the greaseproof paper. Flour the top of the pastry ball and start to carefully roll it out into a circle that reaches the width of the paper.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the base, leaving 1 1/2 inches around the edge. Top with the tomatoes, mozzarella and spinach. Fold over the unsauced edges of the galette ensuring that there are no cracks around the edge, if there are just pinch them together.
- Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden. Take the pizza out and crack an egg into the middle, sprinkle a few more spinach leaves around the edge of the egg and put back in the oven for about 5-6 minutes depending on how you like your yolk.
Allergy Information - Vegetarian, Wheat Free, Gluten Free
Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live in.
Lucy's Blog of The Day
A Guide to Sugar In Fruit
Can you be eating too much fruit?
About Lucy Bee Limited
Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and eating close to nature with additive free products for health.
Members of the Lucy Bee team are not medically trained and can only offer their best advice. Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Please note you should always refer your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.