Day Two - Seven Day Guide To Feel Your Best In The New Year
This guide is here to help anyone who has something coming up, from a holiday to a wedding, or if you’re simply heading out over the weekend with friends and want to feel amazing for it.
Breakfast - Porridge with Lucy Bee Maca
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- FOR THE PORRIDGE:
- 30g gluten free oats
- 200ml almond milk - see our recipe to make your own, or coconut milk
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Maca Powder
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 apple, sliced
- Handful of almonds
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- Put the oats, almond milk and Lucy Bee Maca Powder into a saucepan and gently warm on a medium heat until the oats are cooked. Stir from time to time so the oats don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the apple and almonds with Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder and sauté in a frying pan with Lucy Bee Coconut Oil for 5 minutes at a low heat. To serve, place on top of the porridge
Nutritional information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian
Drink of the day: Warm water with fennel seeds. Fennel seeds are known to help with digestion and combat common problems such as bloating, indigestion, constipation and heart burn. The reason for this is that the herb stimulates a calming effect on the digestive system.
or Quinoa Patties with Mozzarella
- 4 tall asparagus stalks
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 400g risotto rice
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1.3 litres of water
- 150g green pesto
- 100g ricotta
- 5 brazil nuts, crushed
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground black pepper to season
- Use a potato peeler to slice ½ of each asparagus stalk into ribbons then set aside.
- Add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a deep frying pan and when hot, add the onion and sauté for 1 minute then add the rice, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, stir and cover. Leave this for about 3-4 minutes, until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- Add 500ml of water and repeat as above. The liquid should be absorbed before adding more.
- Add the remaining water, stir, cover and eave for 5-6 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the risotto is a sticky texture.
- Stir in the pesto, ricotta, asparagus and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until the asparagus has softened/cooked.
- Remove from the heat and top with a handful of crushed brazil nuts and chopped parsley. Season as required.
Nutritional information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
Beauty tip of the day: Facial massage – great for moving toxins to the lymph nodes and helping reduce bloating and puffiness. It also helps with the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. Facial massage brings oxygen and nutrients to the skin giving you a healthy glow. I normally do this while watching TV or before bed.
Dinner - Courgetti Curry Lucy Bee Style
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 150g brown rice
- 300ml water
- 2 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4 small courgettes
- 100g cashew nuts plus a few extra to garnish
- Lemon juice
- 300ml coconut milk
- 20g coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1tsp. ground cumin
- ½ chilli, chopped
- Cook the rice as per instructions and add 1 teaspoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to the water to be absorbed by the rice. When cooked, leave to cool.
- Sauté the red pepper in 1 teaspoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and set aside.
- Using a spiriliser, make your courgetti.
- Add the cashews, lemon juice, coconut milk, coriander, garlic, cumin and chilli to a blender and blend to a sauce consistency.
- In a large bowl, add the rice, courgetti and pour over the sauce. Mix together gently and serve. Garnish with a few chopped cashews and coriander.
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free, lactose free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian.
Today's Fitness: Get out and go for a 40 minute walk or a 20 minute run.
Lucy's Blog of The Day
A Guide To Vitamin D
Find out exactly why our body needs Vitamin D.
About Lucy Bee Limited
Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and eating close to nature with additive free products for health.
Members of the Lucy Bee team are not medically trained and can only offer their best advice. Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Please note you should always refer your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.