Day One - Seven Day Guide To Feel Your Best In The New Year
This 7 day guide is here to help anyone who has something coming up, from a holiday to a wedding, or if you’re simply heading out over the weekend with friends and want to feel amazing for it.
See All 7 Days Here
- 200ml almond milk or nut milk/milk of your choice
- 20g gluten free oats
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate/Lucy Bee Cacao Powder
- Optional: to sweeten, either 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder; 20g pitted dates; 1 tsp. honey; or coconut sugar
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes until your preferred temperature, be careful not to burn
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, lactose free, vegetarian
Random fact: Get some fresh air - This is so important for general wellbeing and health. It’s amazing what a walk in the fresh air can do for your mind, especially in this crazy busy life. For an added bonus, grab a friend or two and have a good catch up while walking!
- 200g regular tofu (not silken), cut into bite-sized squares
- ½ green or red chilli, sliced
- 40g ginger, peeled and cubed
- ½ lime, juiced
- 20ml tamari
- 15ml rice wine vinegar
- Corn flour, for dusting
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 5ml sesame oil
- A small pinch of sesame seeds
- A small pinch of chilli flakes, for an extra kick
- Cover the tofu in kitchen towel to drain out the water (this can take between 10 - 30 mins), until the tofu is completely dry to the touch. It helps to place something heavy on top too, such as a plate.
- Prepare your marinade by mixing together the chilli, ginger, lime juice, tamari and rice wine vinegar, then set aside.
- Once the tofu is ready, throw away the kitchen towel, cut the tofu into equal sized squares and dust in the corn flour.
- Melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the tofu and cook evenly on each side. Once it is slightly golden, add the marinade.
- Continue to cook on a medium to high heat for 5-10 minutes until the marinade caramelises and the tofu is cooked through. Stir in the sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Serve with vegetables, rice or rice noodles and toppings of your choice – I like spring onion and coriander.
Nutritional Information - Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Beauty tip of the day; A cupful of Epsom/Dead Sea/Himalayan salt in the bath for 15-20 minutes helps with muscle aches and pains, water retention and it’s also very detoxifying. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to make your skin feel silky smooth.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp. sweet smoked paprika
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- Juice of one lime
- 1 red pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 lettuce leaves, whole
- To serve, cheese, natural yoghurt, guacamole, optional
- Put the chicken pieces into a bowl or plastic Ziploc bag. Add the paprika, cumin, lime juice, black pepper and melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and stir to coat. If in a bag, it’s easier to “massage” into the chicken. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes or longer if you have the time.
- Melt 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and fry until the chicken is cooked. Put the chicken into an oven-proof dish and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Fry the onions, then the peppers until cooked.
- To Serve - Make up your fajita by adding chicken, onion and peppers along with grated cheese, tomatoes, guacamole or natural yoghurt to suit your taste.
Nutritional information: gluten free, wheat free
Drink of the day: Warm water with lemon. For an extra healthy twist, add ginger or mint.
Lucy's Blog of The Day
Waking the right way with water and lemon
Warm lemon water is great at ‘cleaning out’ your digestive system and removing waste products from your body that have accumulated.
About Lucy Bee Limited
Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and eating close to nature with additive free products for health.
Members of the Lucy Bee team are not medically trained and can only offer their best advice. Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Please note you should always refer your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.